DPlot_AddData() does not work anymore with v2.1.5

Found a bug? Tell us about it here

Moderator: DPlotAdmin

mlomonaco

DPlot_AddData() does not work anymore with v2.1.5

Post by mlomonaco »

Hi,
I recently upgraded to 2.1.5 and noticed that the DPlot_AddData does not work as it should. I am passing in mode DATA_XYXY two differents float vectors for x and y, but DPlot plots as x the ordinal index and as y the x values. For sake of clarity, given two float arrays x[], y[] of size N:
1) it plots float(i), x, instead of x, y where i = 0 .. N-1:I practically get only lines (since I am actually plotting as function of time).
2) if I run CTEST3.exe (in DPlotJr where I find the DPlotLib.dll) I got same behaviour if I check the "Use DPlot_AddData" checkbox.

Best,

Marco
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Bah. The good news is I get the same results you do with CTEST3. I'm sure this is related to the recent change allowing a NULL pointer for X. I'll fix this as soon as possible and report here when a fix is available. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for pointing out the problem.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Fixed it. If you're a licensed user you can get version 2.1.5.1 with the Check for Updates command on the Help menu or by using the link in the last update message. The DPlot Jr distribution has also been updated.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
mlomonaco

Post by mlomonaco »

Thanks a lot, Dave, for you prompt fix.
I am a licensed user of course, I will get the update immediately and let you know if the problem still persists (but I am sure you've done a good job).

Bye

Marco